Unison Construction Management Ltd is one of British Columbia’s most respected and fastest growing Commercial Design and Construction Management companies. Established in 1991 and servicing the greater Vancouver area, we are a turnkey solutions provider specializing in:
- Pre-Lease Assessments (Space Planning and Budgeting)
- Interior Design Services
- Construction Management Methodology
- Sustainable Practices
Having doubled our sales in the last year, our recent growth and success is no accident. With a strong strategic vision and a team comprised of the best in the business, we are an employer of choice with a big and bright future.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Construction Superintendent to join our exceptional team of professionals.
Opportunities currently exist in Vancouver (full-time).
As a Construction Superintendent you will be chiefly responsible for running one of our exciting projects in the commercial, hospitality and light industrial sectors. This dynamic and fast-paced role will encompass plenty of varied tasks, including:
- Planning and supervising the construction of all projects assigned, ensuring that safety, profitability, quality, schedules, and Owner/Architect relationships are all maintained at acceptable levels
- Providing overall leadership for on-site field administration, supervision and technical management for all construction operations, including direct supervision of subcontractors, and other construction related personnel
- Directing, planning, coordinating and executing key projects of work on time, and within budget, attaining or exceeding profit goals, maintaining a safe work place, promoting and enhancing client relationships and company image
- Assisting Preconstruction and Project Management to develop an initial project schedule and communicating sequence and schedule updates to all subcontractors and vendors
- Developing, maintaining, and enforcing a project site logistics plan and temporary facilities plan
- Developing, implementing, maintaining, and enforcing a project site specific safety program in accordance with Policies and Procedures
- Developing, implementing, maintaining, and enforcing a project specific quality assurance and workmanship program to include all subcontractors
- Performing and monitoring all job-site control reporting measures including daily reports, payroll, quantity reporting, accident and incident reports, and timesheets
- Possessing working knowledge of all project plans, specifications, contract with Owner, subcontracts, purchase orders, daily correspondence, shop drawings, submittals, and all other project related documents, and maintaining a complete and accurate set of as-builts
- Ensuring timely project completion through project scheduling, expediting of material deliveries and the management of material and document submittals/approvals
- Ensuring that all requirements of insurance, safety, labor relations, and Equal Employment Opportunities are met
- Understanding all trade contractor’s means and methods in accordance with project contract documents
- Coordinating daily construction activities within existing operating facilities
- Proactively identifying and solving problems to minimize risk
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with a highly attractive salary, based on experience.
Other benefits include:
- Extended Medical and Dental
- 3 weeks annual vacation
- Company cell phone and laptop or tablet
- $1,000 training and development fund
Our social company culture recognizes and rewards our employees with a comfortable, safe, and modern working environment. Monthly team lunches, casual Fridays, and regular social events create a friendly and harmonious team. We understand that work/life balance is important so we offer a flexible working schedule, as well as excellent opportunities for training and professional development.
If you are a committed and motivated individual looking for your next big challenge, look no further.
How to Apply
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with [Superintendent] in the subject line.